RE: [medieval-leather] making masks

  • Jarl Alfar
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 22, 2007
      Can you please attach the link

      Alfar

      Matthew,

      Attached is a file for roses which shows how to make them. The pattern can
      be modified for sizes, etc.

      I prefer using Kangaroo for the roses rather than cow since you get a really
      nice smooth grain. Its a little more expensive, but will demand a better
      price when sold because of the looks. Roo also takes dye very well.

      Hope it helps.

      Matthew Martsolf <martsolm@hotmail. <mailto:martsolm%40hotmail.com> com>
      wrote: Ello all,

      I have seen all of the wonderful post about hardening leather and was
      wondering if anyone could help me. I vend leather goods and I want to
      expand my product line. I am interested in making hardened leather
      masks and roses. What are some good techinques that are not going to
      start me cursing? Should I use a last? And if so how should it be
      made? What kind of paint works best?
      Anything you share would be most helpful.

      Thanks,

      Mathius Fycher
      www.geocities.com/medievalgarb

      -Shawn W. Zoladz

      Major Productions, High Quality, Hand Made Leather Goods.
      Everything Leather - saddles and shoes excluded.

    • michael jaray
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1 8:44 PM
        what do you mean there was no attackeh file and your talking about rosess. now i am lost i though were talking about leather masks lol

        ren_junkie <ren_junkie@...> wrote: Where is the attactched file? I'd love to see it, I've been thinking
        about trying a mask lately.

        CJ

        --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Zoladz-Major

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5 2:39 PM
            Ok, it stripped off the attachments again. So I created a folder in the groups photo album called Major Productions where I put the files.

            Here is the link
            http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/medieval-leather/photos/browse/136e

            Shawn Zoladz-Major Productions <the_major@...> wrote: Hopefully the attachments come through this time and yahoo does not strip off the attachments.

[...]

          • Brigdon, Floyd
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 5 2:57 PM
              Nope. No pattern. How about putting it in the files section?

              Floyd

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 5 3:02 PM
                There you go... Great minds and all... :^)

                Floyd

                http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/medieval-leather/photos/browse/136e <http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/medieval-leather/photos/browse/136e>

                Shawn Zoladz-Major Productions <the_major@... <mailto:the_major%40sbcglobal.net> > wrote: Hopefully the attachments come through this time and yahoo does not strip off the attachments.