RE: [medieval-leather] making masks

  • Jarl Alfar
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 22, 2007
      Can you please attach the link

      Alfar

      Matthew,

      Attached is a file for roses which shows how to make them. The pattern can
      be modified for sizes, etc.

      I prefer using Kangaroo for the roses rather than cow since you get a really
      nice smooth grain. Its a little more expensive, but will demand a better
      price when sold because of the looks. Roo also takes dye very well.

      Hope it helps.

      Matthew Martsolf <martsolm@hotmail. <mailto:martsolm%40hotmail.com> com>
      wrote: Ello all,

      I have seen all of the wonderful post about hardening leather and was
      wondering if anyone could help me. I vend leather goods and I want to
      expand my product line. I am interested in making hardened leather
      masks and roses. What are some good techinques that are not going to
      start me cursing? Should I use a last? And if so how should it be
      made? What kind of paint works best?
      Anything you share would be most helpful.

      Thanks,

      Mathius Fycher
      www.geocities.com/medievalgarb

      -Shawn W. Zoladz

      Major Productions, High Quality, Hand Made Leather Goods.
      Everything Leather - saddles and shoes excluded.

    • ren_junkie
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 22, 2007
        Where is the attactched file? I'd love to see it, I've been thinking
        about trying a mask lately.

        CJ

        --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Zoladz-Major
        Productions <the_major@...> wrote:

        > Matthew,
        >
        > Attached is a file for roses which shows how to make them. The
        pattern can be modified for sizes, etc.

        > I prefer using Kangaroo for the roses rather than cow since you
        get a really nice smooth grain. Its a little more expensive, but
        will demand a better price when sold because of the looks. Roo also
        takes dye very well.

        > Hope it helps.
        >
        > Matthew Martsolf <martsolm@...>
        wrote: Ello all,

        > I have seen all of the wonderful post about hardening leather and
        was
        > wondering if anyone could help me. I vend leather goods and I
        want to
        > expand my product line. I am interested in making hardened
        leather
        > masks and roses. What are some good techinques that are not
        going to
        > start me cursing? Should I use a last? And if so how should it
        be
        > made? What kind of paint works best?
        > Anything you share would be most helpful.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mathius Fycher
        > www.geocities.com/medievalgarb
        >

        > -Shawn W. Zoladz
        >
        > Major Productions, High Quality, Hand Made Leather Goods.
        > Everything Leather - saddles and shoes excluded.

      • michael jaray
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2007
          what do you mean there was no attackeh file and your talking about rosess. now i am lost i though were talking about leather masks lol

          ren_junkie <ren_junkie@...> wrote: Where is the attactched file? I'd love to see it, I've been thinking

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 5, 2007
              Ok, it stripped off the attachments again. So I created a folder in the groups photo album called Major Productions where I put the files.

              Here is the link
              http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/medieval-leather/photos/browse/136e

              Shawn Zoladz-Major Productions <the_major@...> wrote: Hopefully the attachments come through this time and yahoo does not strip off the attachments.

[...]

            • Brigdon, Floyd
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 5, 2007
                Nope. No pattern. How about putting it in the files section?

                Floyd

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 5, 2007
                  There you go... Great minds and all... :^)

                  Floyd

                  http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/medieval-leather/photos/browse/136e <http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/medieval-leather/photos/browse/136e>

                  Shawn Zoladz-Major Productions <the_major@... <mailto:the_major%40sbcglobal.net> > wrote: Hopefully the attachments come through this time and yahoo does not strip off the attachments.