Re: [medieval-leather] Re: Boiled Leather

  • khailil1180@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 3, 2007
      I guess time for Rose of the East, Leather works to put in thier two cent's
      worth. In my expert opinion, leather is best fried never boiled. It loses
      all flavor when boiled. That's how it done in my house, How about yours?
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 6, 2007
        khailil1180@... wrote:
        > I guess time for Rose of the East, Leather works to put in thier two cent's
        > worth. In my expert opinion, leather is best fried never boiled. It loses
        > all flavor when boiled. That's how it done in my house, How about yours?
        My wife eventually learned to cook.
        I prefer seafood to sole leather myself.
        But I suppose the later may have more flavor.
        To each his own. :-D

        Magnus
      • mmagnusol
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 6, 2007
          Peter Ellis wrote:
          > --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, mmagnusol <MMagnusOL@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          >> Dear Red,
          >>
          >> Define skirting weight leather please.
          >> Very few of us make horse appliances.
          >> Numbers will do.
          >>
          >> Great dissertation otherwise though.
          >> Best -I- have seen on using hot water for
          >> varying thicknesses of leathers
          >> since the list has been open.
          >>
          >> Thank you,
          >> Magnus
          > Is it really necessary to define industry standard terms ?
          >
          > Gavin

          If I wasn't interested in an answer [which would have been about half
          a sentence] I wouldn't have asked. I do not make saddles and the
          posting referred to saddle-skirting a number of times.

          I have gone out of my way since the list was formed to make people
          aware of new reference books in a variety of languages, websites
          and other goodies that took a whole lot more effort than your curt reply.
          I think I have paid my dues to this list without having to be a large
          percentage of the postings.

          Polite would have been nicer. I was. Still am.

          Magnus
        • mmagnusol
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 6, 2007
            Ron Charlotte wrote:
            > At 09:39 AM 2/2/2007, Magnus wrote:
            >
            >> Define skirting weight leather please.
            >> Very few of us make horse appliances.
            >> Numbers will do.
            >>

            > Saddle skirting is uncompressed 12 to 15oz veg tan leather.
            >

            > Ron Charlotte -- Gainesville, FL
            > ronch2@... OR afn03234@...

            Thank you Ron. I have always held your postings in highest regards.
            And not only on this list. You seem to have a high knowledge
            of multiple crafts.

            Magnus
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 8, 2007
              At 02:18 AM 2/7/2007, Magnus wrote:
              >Thank you Ron. I have always held your postings in highest regards.
              >And not only on this list. You seem to have a high knowledge
              >of multiple crafts.

              Much obliged. Over the years, your bibliographies and postings have
              helped my own research on more than a few occasions. It's nice to
              be able to return the favor.