[medieval-leather] Re: Nail holes on shoe soles

  • I. Marc Carlson
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 31 1:22 PM
      <jamesahowell@...>
      >I yield! I promise the next time I make a pair of shoes, I will
      >try stitching them this way! But I may have to harrass you for pointers,
      >starting with:what exactly is the lasting margin-I see the term used and
      >I THINK I know what it is, but......

      What's the worst that can happen? You'll hate it and ruin the uppers. It's
      not like anyone will DIE from it :)

      Lasting Margin
      The lower edge of the shoe upper which is turned under and fixed to the
      insole or sole during lasting. The seam between the vamp and the insole.

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/medieval-leather
    • I. Marc Carlson
      Message 47 of 47 , Apr 13, 1999
        <"Gregory Stapleton" <gregsta@...>>
        >Sorry, didn't make myself clear. :) Did they flatten the leather like Marc
        >is describing below?

        Or even, in what fashion was the leather flattened (since it will get flattened
        through use).

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/medieval-leather