Re: [medieval-leather] Digest Number 1375

  • michael tartaglio
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      Hi. Sounds like the classic late 14th through 15th cent. "kidney" shaped
      bag, the one that the knife gets put behind in a lot of illos. There are
      a lot of variants, and one was shown in the Museum of London book. I
      seem to remember one being found in the Netherlands pretty much intact,
      too. Hopefully this is the one you mean...Mike T.