Re: [medieval-leather] Re: Another interesting source

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2005
      At 12:40 PM 8/9/2005, Marc wrote:
      >Most of the old pictures are in black and white I haven't seen
      >this book before, so thank you for the citation. The sandal may be
      >new. I've seen this poulaine before (and should note that the upper
      >has been attached to a sole that it doesn't belong to - not an
      >uncommon practice in old museum pieces), but this is the best picture
      >I've seen of it. I'll have to check my other old broad toes, but i
      >think this one may be new. Thank you.

      It's a nice book. For me it had one of the very few pictures of a leather
      jacketed glass bottle. I'd found descriptions and sketches before, but
      this it the only photo of a surviving example I've come across. There are
      a lot of nice razer sharp photos of a lot of objects in this volume. It
      was well worth the effort to get a used copy, for me.