Dungiven Shoes

  • Medb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2005
      Greetings all,
      I've been doing a lot of research into Irish clothing recently, and I'm
      currently working on the Dungiven outfit, which apparently consisted of
      a jacket/doublet, a cloak, trews, a belt and leather shoes. I've found
      quite a bit on the fabric parts (mostly due to
      http://www.reconstructinghistory.com), however I've had no luck in
      finding out anything on the shoes. Does anyone know of any resources
      that have information on them? The current guestimate on the objects
      date is somewhere in the late 16th, early 17th century, and I believe
      the artifacts are at the National Museum in Ireland.
      Thanks!

      Medb ingen Dungaile