Leather vessels

  • Bertus Brokamp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      I was just wondering what references (pref. with images and text etc.)
      might have of archaeological finds of late medieval leather vessels
      such as costrels, bottles, tankards, bombards, etc. Not being home to
      browse my own small collection of archaeology books I can only think
      of the costrel in one of the MoL books.
      I know there also are some good finds from the (16th c.) Mary Rose but
      I haven't read the book(s) concerning those. Could someone tell me
      what their titles are? It would be nice to compare them with late
      medieval finds.

      Bertus