Re: UNCLASSIFIED:- [medieval-leather] Digest Number 1265

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2005
      Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

      > A seax for a squiring ceremony?
      > Is that to become a squire or for a squire to become a knight?
      > Is a dark age weapon appropriate for a 'middle ages' ceremony?
      >
      > Don't get me wrong, I love seaxs in dark age combat but I can't justify
      > them in the middle ages.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Alex

      Actually, from context, it appears to be a gift to the Knight from the
      squire's family, something along the lines of buying an apprenticeship in
      the medieval guilds. In that context, as long as the price is mutually
      acceptable, the item given is of no importance to the nature of the
      ceremony.

      Saint Phlip,
      CoD

      Blacksmith's credo.