8570Re: [medieval-leather] long sax sheath

  • Alasdair Muckart
    Nov 1, 2003
      On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 12:38, Charles Anderson wrote:
      > How sharp is the blade? Is it meant for combat or just as an ornament?

      I couldn't quite shave with it but it's not that far off.

      > Ah well... any way a metal collar will stop the blade ripping the
      > leather to shreds. Personally I wouldn't do this, as I haven't found a
      > need for it with combat ready blades. Regards Charles

      It's a possibility, but I wouldn't want to subject the blade to being
      dragged across a metal collar every time it went in or out of the
      sheath.

      --
      Al.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic