6994Re: [medieval-leather] Re: Soaking Bone to Carve It

  • Jonathan T Getty
    Dec 2, 2002
      I missed the beginning of this discussion, but a couple months ago, I
      attended a class on bone carving (by Mistress Gunnora from Texas), where
      she advocated storing horn and bone underwater, then boiling for two hours
      the morning you intend to carve it.

      I haven't tried this yet, but she swears it makes carving muuuch easier.

      Jon
      _____
      Jonathan Getty... beans@...... //engr.ucsb.edu/~beans
      ECE Dept... UCSB... Santa Barbara, CA 93106... 805.893.8465
      7340A Lowell Way... Goleta, CA 93117... 805.571.6264

      "He that would catch fish must venture his bait." -- Ben Franklin