6054Re: Gum Ammoniac Quandery

  • dunnydeer
    Mar 2, 2002
      For making holes I've used an excellent tool from the dental
      profession. I don't know the name of the tool; it is what they
      use when making holes in rubber dams that they put over your tooth
      and mouth just before that whine begins to resound in your ears.

      It looks like a pair of pliers. There is a pointed punch on one
      end and it mates with (on mine) one of 5 holes in an anvil which
      rotates to bring the hole underneath the punch.

      The holes range in size from approx. 1/32 - 1/8 inches. I haven't
      used it on leather, but have used it on some fairly thick parchment.

      Jack

      --- In medieval-leather@y..., Phlip <phlip@9...> wrote:
      (snip)

      > What are you using to make your holes? Punching with an awl is a pain,
      > as are trying to use those worthless plier-type rotary punches.
      (snip)
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic