      From: "silveroak@..." <silveroak@...>
      To: medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2013 12:20 PM
      Subject: Re: [medieval-leather] Re: Embroidering Leather

      Greetings,

      What about chamois leather?  I had the unexpected pleasure of handling some 2 months ago, and it was amazingly soft.  I can't sew to save my life, my embroidery makes cats laugh (and I have the pics to prove it), but I could embroider on it.  I'd still use an awl, though.  For that matter, I'd use a designated embroiderer....

      Aren't there special needles for leather sewing?  Triangular, if I recall correctly, to prevent ripping?

      -Carowyn