11002New Member - mask making

  • Marguerite Foster
    Jun 5, 2007
      Greetings.

      I'm Marguerite, I'm new and I'm really looking forward to learning
      more about leather work.

      My first project is mask making. I've studied mask making and
      performance (primarily Commedia del'Arte)but we never learned to make
      the masks out of leather, which I feel misses so much of the tradition
      involved in the form.

      I've done some research but I am somewhat intimidated and could use
      some really basic advice as to the right materials and tools to use,
      which leathers to use and where to get it. Any technique notes or
      research sources would also be a huge help.

      Thanks !
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic