10629Re: Wax OR water hardening leather.

  • Jon Terris
    Mar 1 2:14 AM
      --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, <khailil1180@...> wrote:

      > Have to agree, veg tanned works best when water hardened.

      Is that the general consensus?

      Does water hardening give a more rigid leather than wax hardening?

      If so, will the technique of heating the leather and THEN applying
      water work or does it have to be dipped?

      Again, I'm worried about ruining the work I've done so far- my one
      experience of water dipped leather came out hard but VERY scarred.

      Anyone have any advice on the safest way to do this without ruining
      everything?

      Please? Pretty Please?

      Jon.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic