10529Re: [medieval-leather] Re: Period leather glue

  • Alasdair Muckart
    Oct 7, 2005
      On Saturday 08 October 2005 13:23, Chris Nickel wrote:

      Hi Chris,

      > I put the stich anout 1/16th of an inch from the edge. The pieces
      > stay together nicley until I wax them. At that point the edges
      > spread apart.

      Interesting. I've not had that happen to me so obviously we're doing something
      differently. What weight leather are you using, and how are you waxing it?
      Are you getting it particularly hot in the process of waxing?

      --
      Al.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic