10142Re: Museum of leathercraft online

    Apr 4, 2005
      It is possible that it is referring to the decrative impressions. For
      example, if you tool wet leather, you get the same sort of
      polymerization that you with heating. If you take a carefully carved
      mold, I nelieve (since I've never actually done this myself) you can
      take the wet leather, force it to fill that mold under pressure, and
      get the same decorative polymorization effect that you see in that
      picture, and it will retain the shape it's hardened into.

      This would be water haredend leather shaped under pressure. - which is
      what we see a lot of in Waterers books.