FCC Hearing on Net Neutrality, April 17;Pre-Meeting April 13, 4-6pm

  • Danielle Fairbairn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 4:58 PM
      Hello Everyone,

      Comcast has been caught blocking BitTorrent, Verizon has been caught blocking text messages, AT&T wants to inspect and filter Web traffic. These big companies' efforts to discriminate online are crushing competition, slowing innovation, and endangering free speech. With so much at stake, it's encouraging that the FCC's first move is to quickly seek public feedback and expert counsel about the future of the Internet. It is rare for all five members of the Federal Communications Commission to leave Washington, D.C.

      We are in a unique moment in history when we can help to decide whether we have a closed Internet controlled by a small handful of giant corporations, or an open Internet controlled by the people who use it. Now is the time to speak up for an open internet free from corporate gatekeepers.

      The FCC will  be holding a hearing at Stanford University on A
      pril 17th and time is allotted for public comment. Come to the Media Center on Sunday, April 13th, 4-6pm to learn more about the issue, get trained on how to make the best of your 90 seconds, and tape a testimonial in advance.  If you would like to come, please RSVP to Danielle Fairbairn by email: Danielle@... .

      Important Dates/Locations:
      FCC Testimonial Training
      Sunday April 13, 4-6pm
      Media Center
      900 San Antonio Rd
      Palo Alto, CA 94303

      FCC Hearing
      Thursday April 17, 12-7pm
      Dinkelspiel Auditorium, Stanford University
      471 Lagunita Dr
      Stanford, CA 94305

      Danielle Fairbairn

      Youth Services Coordinator