Re: [mecklenbent-riders] rides

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21, 2009

      The NC ride sounds good.  I'll have to put together a plan to see if I can do the whole thing or just one of the shorter options but count me in to at least part of it.

      I'm going to have to get some slightly different gearing to continue my exploration of the Uwharrie route to Chapel Hill.  You're not kidding when you say that it is seriously uphill to get to the camp ground.  Probably have this in a week or two.  I could do some shorter routes from Mint Hill this coming weekend.  What is your schedule looking like?

      Just got back last night from our trip out to Louisiana to visit the boys.  Spent a day paddling kayaks with my son Ben in the bayous spending some quality time with the gators.  We came home with all our arms and legs intact so the day was condidered a success.  Definitely saw lots of gators.

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 21, 2009
        would you be up for a 40 or 50 from mint hill this weekend???  i need to start pushing harder if i want to do the big rides.

        jerry

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 21, 2009

          That sounds great!  Either day would work for me.  I've got to drive over to Chapel Hill to visit my daughter on either Saturday or Sunday.  What works best for you?

          Thanks,
          David

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 22, 2009
            sorry dave but i am now in atlanta waiting on a baby.....  any minute now.

            jerry

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups
            Change settings via e

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 22, 2009

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 23, 2009

                Now that's exciting!  Let me know when congratulations are in order.

                David

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 23, 2009
                  keely jane just joined us last pm 1048, at 8 lb 12  oz and 20 1/4"   all are doing well and we are having fun now.....  pics to follow

                  jerry

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 23, 2009
                    Congrats grandpa. Give Daniel and Heather my best.

                    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[...]

                    I have recently been checking out the bent rider online forum and there is a great interest in the cycle NC falll ride. Lets see if we can get the interest up for a good showing of charlotteans. It will pass through here via statesville and then on to sanford/dunn kenansville and end up in surf city at the beach. it is open to all bikes and riders of every level. i will map it out and see how it goes the web site is http://www.ncsports .org/cncsub. php?m1 <http://www.ncsports.org/cncsub.php?m1>
                    tim if you could check it out and map the elevation changes like you did for that route in va we were looking at earlier. that would be cool. it begins on sept 26 and ends oct 3. again we do not have to do all of it but i would like to try.
                    i am going to try to get some interest from the local shops and see if maybe we can get tim on a bent by then...... it should be a blast

                    jerry

                    jeff, r u back here with us yet????

                    DISCLAIMER:

                    This electronic message may contain information that is
                    confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the
                    use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the
                    message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message,
                    please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from
                    any computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and
                    do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the
                    information it contains. Thank you.