rides

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 20 5:45 PM
      Fellas,
           I have recently been checking out the bent rider online forum and there is a great interest in the cycle NC falll ride.  Lets see if we can get the interest up for a good showing of charlotteans.  It will pass through here via statesville and then on to sanford/dunn kenansville and end up in surf city at the beach.  it is open to all bikes and riders of every level.  i will map it out and see how it goes the web site is http://www.ncsports.org/cncsub.php?m1
      tim if you could check it out and map the elevation changes like you did for that route in va we were looking at earlier.  that would be cool.  it begins on sept 26 and ends oct 3.  again we do not have to do all of it but i would like to try.
           i am going to try to get some interest from the local shops and see if maybe we can get tim on a bent by then......  it should be a blast

      jerry

      jeff, r u back here with us yet????

    • Timothy Marshburn
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 20 7:01 PM

        I can’t do the route elevations until I know the specific roads that will be taken. This is not yet posted, and very well may never be. Some event planners choose not to publish exact routes on line citing safety concerns. Normally you get that info in the cue sheets the day of the event.

[...]

        DISCLAIMER:

        This electronic message may contain information that is
        confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the
        use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the
        message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message,
        please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from
        any computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and
        do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the
        information it contains. Thank you.
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 20 7:06 PM
          ok.  i got it.  there are terrorists out there that would like nothing more than smashing a fat old guy on a bike....    :)

          jerry

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 21 9:25 AM

            The NC ride sounds good.  I'll have to put together a plan to see if I can do the whole thing or just one of the shorter options but count me in to at least part of it.

            I'm going to have to get some slightly different gearing to continue my exploration of the Uwharrie route to Chapel Hill.  You're not kidding when you say that it is seriously uphill to get to the camp ground.  Probably have this in a week or two.  I could do some shorter routes from Mint Hill this coming weekend.  What is your schedule looking like?

            Just got back last night from our trip out to Louisiana to visit the boys.  Spent a day paddling kayaks with my son Ben in the bayous spending some quality time with the gators.  We came home with all our arms and legs intact so the day was condidered a success.  Definitely saw lots of gators.

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 21 10:27 AM
              would you be up for a 40 or 50 from mint hill this weekend???  i need to start pushing harder if i want to do the big rides.

              jerry

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 21 2:32 PM

                That sounds great!  Either day would work for me.  I've got to drive over to Chapel Hill to visit my daughter on either Saturday or Sunday.  What works best for you?

                Thanks,
                David

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 22 7:52 PM
                  sorry dave but i am now in atlanta waiting on a baby.....  any minute now.

                  jerry

[...]

                  Yahoo! Groups
                  Change settings via e

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 22 7:52 PM

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 23 5:06 AM

                      Now that's exciting!  Let me know when congratulations are in order.

                      David

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 23 8:54 AM
                        keely jane just joined us last pm 1048, at 8 lb 12  oz and 20 1/4"   all are doing well and we are having fun now.....  pics to follow

                        jerry

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 23 9:17 AM
                          Congrats grandpa. Give Daniel and Heather my best.

                          CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.