ride in the am

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2009
      Anyone up for a ride in the morning?  My weekend plans got cancelled so tim and possibly monroe may make it to my house in the morning for a 30 or so along the scenic union county countryside.  we planned for a 9am start but are flexible.  we may get some tim time on the recumbent.  give me a call or just drop by 12209 lawyers rd in mint hill.

      jerry

      i will also post the spread sheet i use for keeping track of my rides on the group site.  you can use it or modify it in any way you want.

      jerry II

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21, 2009
        Had a good ride today but went a little crazy and over did it a bit.  Since i was alone i explored a bit and when i was done had 39.8 on the odometer.  Met some really interesting old guys in a quick stop in the middle of nowhere union county and finished with some painful quad cramps.  Hope everyone else had a good weekend.  Tomorrow will be the yard work day.....

        jerry

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 23, 2009
          I actually got some riding in this weekend for the first time in four weeks.  Marta's parents have both been in and out of hospitals over the last two weekends so I haven't been able to plan anything but I did get out for a couple hours on Saturday and Sunday.  Incredible weather!  Four weeks off is really noticable when I start up those hills......

          Jerry - I'm trying to figure out a good route to Morrow Mountain State Park.  Do you have anything on this or just general suggestions on roads to take and roads to avoid?

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 23, 2009
            dave,
                 when i drive that way 24/27 is the route of choice.  it is very wide but fairly busy.  most of the construction is finished and you will have to vary once you get to albemarl.  from there on 24 is a two lane hell of a ride just waiting to smash a biker or two.  there may be something better to the north but i have no first hand experience there.
                 i just picked up a new mwmber for us.  he is a kid (16) who rides some sort of recumbent but he will join us pretty soon and probably ride a few times this summer.  i also found a bent rider on line post inviting nc recumbents to join a social group.  i did and am waiting to form some new relationships across the state for different venues.  could be fun and i invited them to join us april 5th.  let me know if you are still up for it.  probably just us 2 unless you have heard from jeff.

            jerry

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 23, 2009
              dave,
                   sorry about the rudeness,  hope your family is doing better

              jerry

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 24, 2009
                Funny you should ask - we had Marta's dad in pretty good shape and ready to head home tomorrow mornign but her mom went into the ER at mid day today with various problems and will spend at least the next day or so in the hospital.  So - I can't plan much at this point.

                I should still be good for the Charlston ride.  What do we need to do about a place to spend the night?  Do you have any recommendations or just start looking for a motel room?

                David

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 25, 2009
                  no ideas, only been there a few times so no frame of reference either.  i will be in atlanta this weekend.  i can get on line a see what is available and get back to you.  any specific requests??  comfy bed is all i need and a place to store the bike inside.  good luck to the family.

                  jerry

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 25, 2009
                    Comfy bed and a place to store the bike pretty much sums it up.

                    Family seems to be doing better.  Everybody out of the hospital so that's good.

                    david