Re: [mecklenbent-riders] harrisburg

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 27, 2009
      Jerry,

      That's no fun!

      My home number is 704 365 5204.  This works better than the cell because I normally just use the cell for work calls.

      Hope you're doing better.

      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 12:17 PM

      The weather forecast is starting to get a little sketchy for Sunday morning.  Let's check on Saturday to finalize plans.  Maybe an afternoon ride would work better.  I'll probalby be at home all weekend, leaving camping in the rain to the real fanatics like my wife.

      David
      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 9:15 PM

      Jerry,

      It's possible that I will be spending Saturday night at Kings Mountain state park with Marta.  One thing I've wanted to try is a 21 mile long cycling route from the Crowder Mountain State Park visitors center to the Kings Mountain National Military Park visitors center and back.  Has some hills but it looks like nothing long or particularly steep.  We could do that mid morning.  This is about a 50 minute drive to get to so I guess we could do it twice if you wanted more riding than driving.  Something doesn't seem right about doing more driving than riding....

      The other possibility would be to do something out of Mint Hill.  Either would work.  I haven't committed to the camping overnight Saturday so if you're only available Sunday morning out of Mint Hill that would be fine.

      Or if you're really feeling ambitous, you could join us camping Saturday night.  The plan is to backpack in about 3 miles and set up with a group of beginner backpackers.  You could show us how the GPS works because we still haven't figured it out.  This could be combined with the bicycle ride Sunday morning for a "well rounded" experience!

      The weather forecast is looking better so this could be a great weekend for riding!  S'pose anybody else would join us??  Crowders Mountain would be pretty close for the Gaston County membership.. ..

      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 7:59 AM

      Jeff - that sounds good.

      Anybody up for a ride this weekend?  Saturday looks like rain.  What about Sunday?

      David