events

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2009
      hello all,  i have a few events i woul like to do this year.  if you are interested let me know and we will schedule them and start planning our suppport.

      Mar 29         assault on the carolinas  (40k 60k 80k and 100k) (warm-up for charleston)
      Apr  5          coastal century in charleston, sc (73 and 30 mi also available)
      June ?         virginia creeper
      Jul    ?         silver comet (again) - maybe with the chief ladiga to anniston alabama (100)
      Aug  ?         bike fest  (hillsborough area)
      Oct   ?         tour de pig

      these are all just suggestions and i am open to just about anything on a bike.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009

        These all sound good.  I've also been looking at some routes around New Bern and Pamlico Sound to find some flat ground touring for the spring.

        Does the Tour de Pig involve barbecue and beer?  If so, count me in!

        David

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009

          The Assault on the Carolinas looks like it will be a great ride - but some real hills show up in the contour.  We'd better all get "training" to get ready for this.  The holidays are over!

          See you tomorrow.

          David

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009
            NCDOT has a ride called "Ports of Call"  but it has been interrupted by camp lejeune.  i am sure we can find a way around it.  i have the old maps from that route ... maybe we can have a look at it on sat after the ride..  Lunch at Penny's in mint hill could be doable.

            jerry