Re: [mecklenbent-riders] new ride

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 10, 2010
      Can we do 7:30 at MH Park?  that way we can avoid some of the heat in the afternoon. Would you be up for a stanfield ride?

      jerry

      From: Jerry Morris <froglegz57@yahoo. com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 8:09 PM

      Dave, I will definitely ride this sat am.  Would like to do about 40.  Come join me and get a ride on the LWB.

      jerry

      From: Jerry Morris <froglegz57@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [mecklenbent- riders] new ride
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 9:53 PM

      Hello all,
           Just took a last peek at the Silver Comet last weekend and it was a blast.  Weather was fantastic and just had an overall great ride.  Started with a group of older folks and rode with them for a bit and chatted a load.  At the first stop a guy about my size or a bit bigger stopped by on a very dirty Carbent.  Even with the dirt it looked like a fantastic ride.  I chatted with him a bit and picked up the bike to test it's weight..... wow... a feather weight indeed.
           I moved on from there and went on out to the C of C and then turned around to head back with enough time to actually see my granddaughter and family.  On the way back I saw at least 3 bents with women riding towards me.  Very cool.  I notoced a bent in front of me and pulled up alongside to ride with him.  We chatted a bit and eventually I realized he was the Herb that Dave, Tim and I had ridden with the December before last.  What a coincidence.  A meeting on the trail with someone I already had ridden with.
           Daniel and Heather will be moving to Oak Ridge Tn this week so we have officially lost our free hotel in Atlanta.  I will still make at least an annual trip down there but the 2 or 3 every quarter are gone.
           Now to the subject of the mail.....  I just put my newest ride together yesterday and took her out on a short shake-down this evening.  It is the smoothest ride I have ever ridden and the comfort level is extremely high.  It is a Rans V2 and I like it.  If i can get a 100 or so miles on it over the next two weeks I will consider riding it on the 4th of July ride.  I will keep you all posted on the fun.  I am getting my Jetstream back tomorrow so if anyone knows someone who may be interested let me know.  The last guy just could not get the hang of it and he had a problem with numb feet.  I gave him his $$ back but now have an abundance of recumbents in my garage.

      Jerry

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 10, 2010

        Sounds great!  Meet you 7:30 at the park.  That should get us home before the afternoon thunderstorms start up.

        David