Re: [mecklenbent-riders] long hard winter

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010

      It would be great to see you for Saturday activities in Edenton.  Yeh - the wind will probably be brutal.

      I went out first thing Sunday for about 15 miles at 7:30 and the wind wasn't bad.  That's scary to get blown off the road like that.

      Marta has taken over my old road bike which we have had modified to fit her with a much higher handlebar set up.  So far she is really enjoying it.  It will be interesting to see how she does over longer distances and if she continues to find it comfortable.  She just doesn't feel stable on a recumbent so I think it would be difficult to get her to switch at this point.

      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 9:44 PM

      Jerry,

      Yes it has been some nasty weather.  I've been able to get a few rides in but nothing like I would be wanting to do to try and keep in some kind of shape.  I had thought that I would be up for a 200km ride this coming weekend but I'm nowhere close.  I did ride from my house to Unionville last week and had a good time doing some exploring.   Marta and will need to get in shape for the Cycle North Carolina spring ride in early April.  Three days of riding out of Edenton on Albemarle sound.  Should be flat with lots of different lenght options every day from 15 to 100 miles.  You might check it out on their web site.  We're signed up and prepaid so now we've got to in gear and get ready!

      David

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
        Hey guys - yes agreed! It's been a crappy winter - not only cold but wet and, for us, snowy. I've kept my mileage close to last years level by riding indoors much more than I wanted too.

        I ran across a guy down near Ardrey-Kell with a new Corsa and invited him to get on the board. I also invited someone on the Bacchetta forum that lives in Davidson to join.

        It looks like the weather is getting ready to break a little bit so hope to see you guys out soon.

        Philip