Fw: E-news: Sign Up to Ride
- Here it is...... the NYC Ride in May has been posted. The 60$ fee looks very doable so let's get a group and go. I will post a flyer at Medic and Bike Line. If any of you want the one I have made up I will send it along so we can post it at other shops. This should be a load of fun. I have seats in the truck for me +3 and bunches of bikes. If you need to fly i can carry your steed and meet you there. just let me know who is going and i will let my friends know how many tents to expect. they have a fairly large yard out on long island.jerry
--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Bike New York <Bike_New_York@...> wrote:
From: Bike New York <Bike_New_York@...>
Subject: E-news: Sign Up to Ride
Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 11:37 AMvo
< Forward this e-mail to a friend > < View this e-mail online >From Our FriendsA Warm Welcome, and a Fond Farewell
Please join us in welcoming former New York City Sports Commissioner Kenneth J. Podziba as Bike New York's new president and CEO. He joined the staff last week, in time for the ramp-up for the 33rd annual TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour. Also rest assured that Pam Tice, whom many of you know as the organization's leader since its establishment as a non-profit in 2000, is continuing to work with Bike New York during the transition.
"I feel so lucky to be following in [Pam's] footsteps and look forward to working with the staff to continue this vision while using my experience and contacts to further raise the profile and forward the mission of Bike New York," says Podziba. Full Story > (PDF)
Sign Up to RideToday marks the opening of our 2010 riding season, with registration now available for the TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour as well as summertime rides and free classes. Click through to the links below to fill your calendar with great bike activities.TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour
The Five Boro is just three months away! Ride day is Sunday, May 2, and registration is open NOW. The 2009 Tour sold out far in advance, so you should register today to be sure you get a spot. Check out the fun-filled, 42-mile car-free ride first-hand in the photo gallery, online photo contest, and video.
We are pleased to welcome back title sponsor TD Bank, who will once again offer services and entertainment on Tour Day, along with presenting sponsor Con Edison; returning sponsors Bonita Bananas, Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, PIX11, Fresh 102.7 FM; and new sponsor Daily News. See below for more news about the ride . . . after you sign up.
Bicycle Education Program Classes
Are you nervous riding in traffic? Need a push to try biking to work? Wish you knew what to do if your bike gets a flat? Or do you just want to learn to ride, period? Whatever your wish, Bike Ed is here to help. With 19 Savvy Cyclist: Traffic Skills 101 classes lined up, monthly Bike Commuting 101 seminars, a summer full of Learn to Ride classes for Kids and Adults, and ongoing Bike Maintenance 101 workshops, our schedule is packed. Get in on the action at bikenewyork.org/education.
For educational reading any time, the Resources section of our website is full of expert advice about everything from bike butt to bike lanes.
It may seem hard to believe given the warm layers needed to enjoy the outdoors right now, but summer is on its way. What better to look forward to than a bike getaway? Join Bike New York for a beautiful ride along Long Island's North Shore or in upstate New York, complete with plenty of rest areas, post-ride activities, and a free T-shirt.
- Long Island Harbors Ride, Brentwood, NY, Sunday, June 27
- Harlem Valley Rail Ride (new routes!), Millerton, NY, Sunday, July 25
- Twin Lights Ride, Highlands, NJ, Sunday, September 26 (registration available this spring)
Five Tips for the Five BoroAfter you've signed up, it's time to start getting ready for the ride!
- Look the part. The 2010 merchandise line includes a cuddly cotton women's-cut T-shirt for the first time along with technical gear, an eco-friendly water bottle, and everyday clothes. Shop >
- Book a room. Take advantage of discounted rates at the Marriott New York Downtown near the Tour start downtown or at Bike New York's headquarters on Manhattan's Upper West Side. We'll have more listings later in the week. Lodging >
- Get your bike ready. Beat the spring rush and get your bike tuned up now. If you need to rent wheels for the day, check out the rental package from Bike and Roll NYC--you can have a bike delivered to the start and drop it off on Staten Island! Shops and Rentals >
- Get your body ready. Get in shape by following the expert tips in the Tour Program.
- Get your friends ready. Want to ride with a group? Make sure they sign up now too! Send a Reminder >
Free Video Screening with Beer and SnacksThursday, February 4
Whole Foods Bowery, 95 East Houston Street, New York, NY
You are hereby invited to a panel discussion, tasting, and screening of videos from the PEDALING: NYC series, which features riding, eating, exploring unique neighborhoods, and urban bike lore. Sample local cheeses, pickles, crackers, desserts, and beer, and enter to win an insulated messenger bag full of bike-friendly food or prizes from Specialized and Bike New York!
Check out the Bike New York home page for this week's video installment. The Tuesday episode promises a behind-the-scenes look at a fully sustainable bakery. PEDALING: NYC is produced by Panforte Productions and BrakeThrough Media and presented in partnership with Specialized Bicycles, Whole Foods NE, and Capo Forma in addition to Bike New York.
Thank you for reading and riding!Bike New York sent you this e-mail because you participated in one of our events or classes or asked to be added to our mailing list. If you do not want to receive newsletters from Bike New York, click on the unsubscribe link below.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe Bike New York
891 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, New York 10025Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.