NYC Ride

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2010
      Hello all,
           Hope none of your are frozen yet.  Don't know if anyone made the polar bear ride yesterday but if you did and still have all of your fingers and ears this applause is for you.....clap clap clap.  I was out in the weather but was setting up the mobile hospital so we could give flu shots at Eastland Mall, or as locals call it, "the knife and gun club".  Had a great day but it went a bit long.  I think we ended up giving about 1600+ shots so we are doing our part to save the community.
           It is just about time to get a real idea on the interest in the NYC 5 Borough Bike Ride.  I know it is not until May but the registration opens in Feb and they were sold out in about a month last year so we will have to make up our minds soon.  This ride sounds like a blast and I had thought of turning it into a weekend mini-vacation.  My truck would leave Friday and get to Long Island late that evening.  We could check out NYC all day Saturday and then ride Sunday.  The return could be either a late start from NYC to avoid the Mon morning traffic and stop somewhere in Jersey for the night before finishing Monday in Charlotte.
           Friends in NY have graciously volunteered to be our tour guides Sat.  Jim is going to check out the possibility of training in to the city Sun for the ride.  Tricia also says she has loads of room for tents in her yard on Long Island.  They have not posted the cost for registration yet but as soon as they do I will get it out to everyone and post it at Medic to see if there is any interest.

      Here is the web site for rideny if you want to check out the specifics of the ride yourself:

      ride safe everyone!!!!