Re: NEW YEAR!

  • philip.bissette
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2010
      You are correct sir 10:00. My wife just pointed out possible basketball conflict - my son at and daughter both have games. I'll have to check the schedule and let you know.

      Not to worry. If the temp is still 25 at 10:00 then you're looking at a pretty cold day - I probably would wimp-out on that too. I did about 15 yesteraday with temps around 32 but I was starting to get cold. I'm not sure how many more layers I could tolerate.

      I'll email you tomorrow when I find out the kids game times.

      Philip

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2010
        Philip,

        Just let me know on the basketball conflict.

        I also did about 15 yesterday from about 3:30 to 4:30.  I figured it was about the warmest hour of the day.  Had 3 base layers and a jacket and was pretty comfortable.  My feet went a little numb from having the shoes too tight but other than that OK.

        David

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2010
          Philip,

          My boss just mentioned a possible need for some time Saturday morning at work.  I'll see if I can clarify this today.

          David

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 6, 2010
            Philip,

            It looks like I'm working Saturday morning so I'll have to pass.  And I really am starting to wonder if the temperatures will reach my 25 degree minimum by 10:00AM.  I may do the 50 mile ride in Gaston county on Sunday.

            David

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2010
              Looks like I'm out too. My son has basketball at 8:30 and my daughter at 8:15 so I'll have taxi service duty for one of those games. It looks like it will be pretty cold anyway. Maybe it will get rained/snowed out an postponed until next Saturday.

              Stay warm!

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2010
                One of my students came in tuesday afternoon and said he had seen a masked man on a really funny looking bike blasting down beatty's ford rd..... could that have been our own philip?   Looks like next weekend is tied up giving shots, same as this one.  If anyone needs an H1N1 free (your tax $$ pay) drop by eastland mall between 1000 and 1500.  give me a call if you need more info....

                jerry