NEW YEAR!

  • philip.bissette
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2010
      Happy New Year All! It's time to get off of our keesters and get on our keesters and ride! There is a Polar Bear Ride on Jan 9 at a relatively reasonable time of 10:30 in Davidson. Check http://www.rockyriverroadclub.org/ for more info. I'm thinking of going! Anybody else interested?
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2010
        Philip,
             Sounds like a good idea but It looks like I will be giving H1N1 shots out at Eastland Mall next weekend.  Dave and I did the ride last year and it was fun except it was all uphill.  Really, no downhill at all.  A geographical oddity.
             Would anyone be up for a spring Silver Comet ride, maybe MLK Weekend or sometime in mid feb??

        Jerry

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2010
          Philip,

          I'm up for that - however, being a wimp I reserve the right to back out if the forecasted temperature at the start is below about 25 degrees....

          Is the start 10:00 or 10:30?

          David

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2010
            You are correct sir 10:00. My wife just pointed out possible basketball conflict - my son at and daughter both have games. I'll have to check the schedule and let you know.

            Not to worry. If the temp is still 25 at 10:00 then you're looking at a pretty cold day - I probably would wimp-out on that too. I did about 15 yesteraday with temps around 32 but I was starting to get cold. I'm not sure how many more layers I could tolerate.

            I'll email you tomorrow when I find out the kids game times.

            Philip

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2010
              Philip,

              Just let me know on the basketball conflict.

              I also did about 15 yesterday from about 3:30 to 4:30.  I figured it was about the warmest hour of the day.  Had 3 base layers and a jacket and was pretty comfortable.  My feet went a little numb from having the shoes too tight but other than that OK.

              David

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2010
                Philip,

                My boss just mentioned a possible need for some time Saturday morning at work.  I'll see if I can clarify this today.

                David

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 6, 2010
                  Philip,

                  It looks like I'm working Saturday morning so I'll have to pass.  And I really am starting to wonder if the temperatures will reach my 25 degree minimum by 10:00AM.  I may do the 50 mile ride in Gaston county on Sunday.

                  David

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 7, 2010
                    Looks like I'm out too. My son has basketball at 8:30 and my daughter at 8:15 so I'll have taxi service duty for one of those games. It looks like it will be pretty cold anyway. Maybe it will get rained/snowed out an postponed until next Saturday.

                    Stay warm!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 7, 2010
                      One of my students came in tuesday afternoon and said he had seen a masked man on a really funny looking bike blasting down beatty's ford rd..... could that have been our own philip?   Looks like next weekend is tied up giving shots, same as this one.  If anyone needs an H1N1 free (your tax $$ pay) drop by eastland mall between 1000 and 1500.  give me a call if you need more info....

                      jerry