Sunday ride from Matthews to Waxhaw

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
      I'm planning on riding from Matthews to Waxhaw and back, leaving Sunday morning at 9:00.  The distance will be about 40 miles.  The pace will be moderate (12 to 14 mph).   I always drop in at the coffee shop in Waxhah for fancy coffee, milk shakes (for Marta) and pastries before heading back.

      Any takers?  Marta and I will be at the public parking in Matthews that is just on the north side of the main street and runs along the railroad track at 9:00.  If you're there you can join us.  We'll be riding from our house so we'll be getting about 50 miles in.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
        pencil me in for this ride.  it has been a while and need to get back into it.  rode the silver comet last weekend on sunday before we came back but was not comfortable.  i think i need a bigger seat on the new ride.  have been looking at a polish company and will pr-bably get one over christmas while in germany.  until then i will pr-bably alternate between the old ride and the new one.  just saw a lwb from carson go on ebay for 355$, that was a steal.

        jerry

        From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@...>
        Subject: [mecklenbent-riders] Sunday ride from Matthews to Waxhaw
        To: mecklenbent-riders@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 9:47 PM

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
          Sounds great - we'll see you at 9:00.  Since we will be going at "Marta pace" this should be pretty relaxing.  We tend to average about 12mph and stop about every 10 to 15 miles to rest and snack.

          Good luck on the seat search - it's tough that there is no easy way to try these things out before you have to spend the money.

          David

          From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
          To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
          Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 9:47 PM

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009

            Still interested in Sunday?  We've got one or two of Marta's friends joining us on upright bikes but I sure would like to see some more recumbents on the road.

            David

            From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
            To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
            Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 9:47 PM

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
              i will be there....  jerry

              From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
              To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
              Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 9:47 PM

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 7, 2009

                Fantastic!  We'll be at the public parking lot that is on the north west side of Trade Street right along the railroad track.  There is also parking along the tracks on the other side of the street.  We'll look for you at 9:00.

                David

                From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
                To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
                Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 9:47 PM