saturdayyyyyyy

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2009
      Quick note........  it is hot out there.....  made a big tour through unionville to locust and ended up back here after about 46 hot painful miles.  don't forget the endurolytes again!!!!!!

      I bit the bullett last week and ordered the walmart sun clone.  I am hoping Jane will take a liking to it and get into riding.  Components will be upgraded as needed.  I will keep you all up on the progress.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2009
        Yeh - Marta and I did 42 miles on Saturday and are still feeling the effects.  Did 30 today but felt pretty slow.  Just barely beat the thunderstorms home.

        I'll be real interested to hear your reports on the Walmart recumbent.  I still think Marta would be a natural for recumbents but so far she's sticking with her Trek hybrid.  She is starting to talk about a ride across the US in two week increments on bike route 1.  We'll see how the ride across North Carolina goes.

        David

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2009
          good deal....   i cut my sun ride to 17 miles to make sure i beat the rain and really just to get a good stretch..  That Marta is an ambitious gal...  the rans team just did their ride across america in 6+ days.  4 man team but that is a new record and quite a feat in any case.  i don't know about the df record for the crossing.  looks like tons of rain this week so not much riding but maybe we can do a ride next weekend.

          jerry

[...]

        • philip.bissette
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 18, 2009
            Hate to tell you guys - it was 77 degrees with a nice cool breezon the BRPkwy the last three days. I didn't get to ride more that 25 miles but I did ride everyday. Back in Charlotte now - back to reality.
            Philip

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 18, 2009
              25 miles on the BRP is nothing to sneeze at....   that is like 50-75 in real mans land (flat and smooth)  just living through 25 miles on that terrain is a feat and not getting crushed by the maniac drivers there is even more impressive.  we kill more bikers there than in a bad mel gibson movie.  supposed to rain all weekend but anyone up for a ride somewhere??

              jerry