Re: [mecklenbent-riders] rain

    Message 1 of 9 , May 28, 2009
      Jerry,

      A Silver Comet ride in August or September sounds good.  We might be able to get Marta to come along as she ramps up her training milage for the Cycle North Carolina ride.

      I'm afraid I'm loosing ground on getting her on the right kind of bike.  We were looking at standard touring bikes last night at REI and she really seems set on an upright.  Still - she can be an adjuct member of the group...

      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 12:06 PM

      Yeah - this rain thing is getting way over done.  Looks like another rainy evening.  I'm planning on another camping expedition to the Smokys this weekend with Marta so a little sunshine would be a nice change.

      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 1:00 PM

      Definitely thinking about it.....

      From: Timothy Marshburn <Timothym@medic911. com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Monday, May 25, 2009, 11:08 AM

      Dave,

      Glad to hear that your OK after the crash. Sounded like it could have turned out a lot worse. I know it's a pain to replace parts, but you can't be replaced.

      Wet roads are the pits. Hopefully you can figure out how to improve your braking in wet conditions.

      Tim.

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

      From: Jerry Morris <froglegz57@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [mecklenbent- riders] rain
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 2:32 PM

      Jeff and I tried to get a ride in this am but we got to the gas station and a bit further before it began to pour. Those quart sized raindrops we have here. We scooted back to the BP Station and waited out the rain but even after it stopped the weather looked real bad. We got back to my house just in time to miss the second round so the day was a waste as far as biking goes.
      I will try the VA Creeper tomorrow and send a report Monday.

      jerry

      DISCLAIMER:

      This electronic message may contain information that is
      confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the
      use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the
      message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message,
      please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from
      any computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and
      do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the
      information it contains. Thank you.