      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@...>
      Subject: [mecklenbent-riders] Taking the Plunge
      To: mecklenbent-riders@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 12:21 PM

      I signed up last night for the Fall Cycle NC ride from Blowing Rock to Surf City, Sept. 27 through Oct. 3.  And, in a very surprising (to me) move, my wife Marta also signed up.  Since she hasn't done any cycling at all for about 15 years I thought this was a brave move.  She's already started planning a training schedule to get ready.  I'm still astonished.

      Who else is planning on joining us?  Any more brave folks out there?  Looks like a great ride.  There are also 3 day, 2 day, or 1 day options available.  And look at it this way - it's all down hill from Blowing Rock to Surf City!

      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 8:06 AM

      Jerry,

      Now that's exciting!  Let me know when congratulations are in order.

      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 5:32 PM

      Jerry,

      That sounds great!  Either day would work for me.  I've got to drive over to Chapel Hill to visit my daughter on either Saturday or Sunday.  What works best for you?

      Thanks,
      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 12:25 PM

      Jerry,

      The NC ride sounds good.  I'll have to put together a plan to see if I can do the whole thing or just one of the shorter options but count me in to at least part of it.

      I'm going to have to get some slightly different gearing to continue my exploration of the Uwharrie route to Chapel Hill.  You're not kidding when you say that it is seriously uphill to get to the camp ground.  Probably have this in a week or two.  I could do some shorter routes from Mint Hill this coming weekend.  What is your schedule looking like?

      Just got back last night from our trip out to Louisiana to visit the boys.  Spent a day paddling kayaks with my son Ben in the bayous spending some quality time with the gators.  We came home with all our arms and legs intact so the day was condidered a success.  Definitely saw lots of gators.