      From: philip.bissette <philip.bissette@...>
      Subject: [mecklenbent-riders] Re: 3 good reasons
      To: mecklenbent-riders@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 8:43 AM

      Hey guys! You're still alive!

      I rode by Davids house a few days ago to show off my new bike but I didn't see any sign of life so I didn't stop. I'm very doubtful for the weekend of July 4. We have something booked but I can probably throw in a couple of bucks.

      Dave, what ride are you doing June 5? I was looking at maybe doing the Fletcher Flyer on the 6th.

      --- In mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com, Jerry Morris <froglegz57@ ...> wrote:

      > Gents,
      >      As the subject line says, I have 3 really good reasons to post this message.  Firstly, it has been a long time since I talked to any of you and I have been letting work get in the way of life so hello everyone, just how the heck are you doing?
      >      Second, I have a project that some of you may be interested in playing with.  I am working with the Military Family Lifestyle Charitable Foundation and one afternoon I came up with a brilliant idea.  Maybe not brilliant but at least fun.  We are planning a 120 mile bike ride from Camp Lejeune, near Jacksonville, NC to Fayetteville, NC.  This will take place over July 3rd and 4th of this year.  We have asked for the participation of both Wounded Warrior Battalions from Ft Bragg and Lejeune to participate and so far it looks like we will have 6-10 warriors riding with us.  The foundation will provide all needed support, sag, rest stops, an evening meal, and place to clean up in the evening and a place to camp.  The second day will be very similar and again supported all the way to the end at the Special Operations Museun in Fayetteville where we will have a NC BBQ Extraordinaire.  As a finale we are trying to get permission to ride a final
      > 10 mile leg onto Ft Bragg where we will be able to watch the biggest fireworks demo in NC.  Rider donations are set at 250$ and we are in the process of setting up a web interface where we can get donations direct.  I should have the flyer out by Monday evening with more details but if you are interested you can start collecting now.  I would really like to see you all again and especially for this great cause.  The foundation will process 100% of the donations directly to the Wounded Warrior Project and the Marine Semper Fi Fund.  No overhead as we are all volunteers and the website and office space are donated.
      >      I did say there was a third thing....... .... oh yeah,  If you are unable to ride how about a donation for my big old butt to pedal around the route?  Yeah even the event coordinator has to pay.  This should be a blast so join us or at least stay in touch.
      >
      > ps; dave, i hit 49mph on river road last week...scared the crap out of myself...... .
      >
      > jerry

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic