      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@...>
      Subject: Re: [mecklenbent-riders] The Raven
      To: mecklenbent-riders@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 12:29 PM

      Jerry,

      I'm also thinking of doing the Tour de Pig ride.  I was planning on going to 'Chapel Hill Saturday afternoon to install a new sink in my daughter's condo so I could "fit this in" in the morning.  I see from the sign up form on thier web site that the event is limited to 600 participants and taht there are no guarantees that you can ride if you register on the day of the ride.  I don't know how likely it is to be full....

      The Cycle NC ride was great!  I'll have to pull together a day by day report.  One of the most interesting things was there were a ton of recumbent bikes there.  I got to see all kinds of interesting recumbents and talk to other bent riders.  Some very cool stuff.  Marta should have pictures up on face book shortly.

      David

      From: philip.bissette <philip.bissette@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [mecklenbent- riders] The Raven
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Monday, October 5, 2009, 11:16 AM

      I rode the Carbent Raven at Amling's Cycle in Niles IL, about 20 miles from downtown Chicago. The bike is awsome. It weighs less than 20 lbs, the frame is very stiff and efficient and the bike is extremely comfortable. It had some SRAM carbon fiber wheels on it which made it even faster. Incredibly smooth, fast etc. My only complaint is the steering and shifting setup, but that would be easy to remedy.

      All that said, I'm probably going to go with the Bacchetta Carbon Aero 2. I rode the CA about a month ago in Greenville. That bike was a little too small for me so it's hard to get a good comparison but it feels very comparable to the Raven, if not quite as light. I would say the Raven has the edge but I don't think I can live with the Raven's fixed (non-removable, non-adjustable, difficult to repair etc.) seat.

      Also, my brother and I did this route last Tuesday. I don't recommend this to be your first century ride in several years - I'll just leave it at that. WWW.TourdeTuck. com

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic