      From: philip.bissette <philip.bissette@...>
      Subject: [mecklenbent-riders] Re: hey all
      To: mecklenbent-riders@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:55 AM

      Hey Dave,
      Sorry I missed your post on Sunday. My parents came to visit yesterday so I didn't go riding until later in the afternoon. Hoping to do Mt. Mitchell from Asheville tomorrow if the weather holds up.

      Saturday is a possibility. I'll check back later in the week.
      Philip

      --- In mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com, David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ ...> wrote:

      > Jerry,
      >
      > Yeh - that hill is a butt kicker!  I did hit 40.8mph going down the hill on River Rd. just before Love Mill but, man, that was tough to get back up.  I'm doing all of this on the RANS now, getting ready for the Cycle North Carolina ride.  We did 50 miles again today - 155 for the weekend so we are getting ready.  We are basically just cruising along at 12mph but we feel good about being able to keep that pace up pretty much indefinitely.
      >
      > My knee problems seem to have cleared up for the moment so I think I'll stick with my current set up.
      >
      > Next week end we hope to be driving Marta's parents back to Cookeville, TN.  They've been with us for 7 weeks now but her Dad is out of the hospital and home with us.  We're trying to get him to the point where he can make the trip back across the mountains.  I'll let you know if the situation changes and we can ride next week end.  What's the best route to Unionville?
      >
      > David

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic