      From: Jerry Morris <froglegz57@...>
      Subject: Re: [mecklenbent-riders] hey all
      To: mecklenbent-riders@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 7:50 PM

      would love to but this is a grandbaby weekend for us.  they are coming here for the first time since the baby's birth.  should be fun and i am not healing well.  i had to get a friend in the or to get tegaderm big enough to cover my skid marks and will not get them until tomorrow.  have not even had the time to check out the new ride.  it is just sitting in the garage all lonely.  are you two still planning ride nc?

      jerry

      From: Jerry Morris <froglegz57@yahoo. com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 12:26 PM

      would love a long liesurely cruise... maybe tim m will join us??

      jerry

      From: Jerry Morris <froglegz57@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [mecklenbent- riders] hey all [2 Attachments]
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 8:35 PM

      Hey all,
           Have not heard much from the group lately so thought i would drop a line out to you all.  I will pick up my AB Tango SWB tomorrow and give it a try in the PM.  Hope it rides as good as it looks.  I got the LWB from WallyWorld going and it is fun but the components are really crap.  Noisy, and there is a ton of fork flop so it is a bit difficult to move.  The handlebars also need an extension, it could be done with a longer quill but i think that with all of the upgrades it needs I can build a much better one, so back it will go this week.  If anyone wants to give it a try, just to try a LWB give me a call before it goes back.
           Jane tried a ride today on the LWB and kind of liked it but not enough to keep it.  She still really likes the trike and actually called it "her" trike today.  If it gets her riding it will be a good sacrifice.
           Near the far end of Mallard Creek i was tooling along and hit a bump = pinch flat = crash hard.  I left about 20ft of skin covered road and yes it was as painful as the pics look.  Had to lay there a minute to figure out how to get untangled but managed.  I fixed the flat and finished the ride but it was not fun.  I stopped where some guy was watering his flowers and asked if he would spray me down so I could get some of the dirt off and he did and that was a new adventure in pain.  Cool water on raw skin yehaaaaa.  I will have some very cool scars and we know chicks dig scars so it is not all bad.
           Hope everyone has a good week and lets ride somewhere... .....