      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@...>
      Subject: Re: [mecklenbent-riders] anybody there?????
      To: mecklenbent-riders@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 9:08 PM

      Jerry,

      Are the pedal extenders things that make the pedals mount farther from the crank so that your feet are further apart?  That might be worth a try.  I actually had switched back over to my upright bike in the last few months because my knees were bothering me on the recumbent.  Now I go about 50/50 and have been enjoying some group rides at the YMCA on the upright and longer distance rides on the recumbent.  The 100K will be a stretch either way.

      My father in law's name is Al Ponte.

      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 5:11 PM

      Jerry,

      The Ride for Pride is probably just a very hot version of the Polar Bear ride.....

      Your expedition to Albemarle sounds like quite an adventure.  I got caught in a heavy downpour in June and couldn't see anything until I took my glasses off.  Also my brakes were pretty ineffective.  Good reason to go very slow!

      I never made it to Chapel Hill.  I seem to have injured my knees getting about half way to Chapel Hill and am still trying to get past that.  I have changed my gearing and derailluer to get up the hills without stomping so hard on the pedals.  We'll see how that works over the next few weeks.

      David

      From: David Clark <david_h_clark2004@ yahoo.com>
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 12:18 PM

      Jerry,

      Just barely.  Marta's Dad has had heart surgury so we've been back and forth to the hospital for several weeks.  I just got back from a week in New England to check on my parents so last night was the first ride since early July.  It was just barely raining when I left the house which cooled things off nicely.

      Marta and I are trying to get serious about getting into shape for the ride across North Carolina since we've both taken the last month off.  We are currently planning on doing the "Ride for Pride" on August 22 from Cornelius.  We'll probably try the 100K version although there is a 50K route as well.  Interested in joining us?

      David