      From: Jerry Morris <froglegz57@...>
      Subject: Re: [mecklenbent-riders] anybody there?????
      To: mecklenbent-riders@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 12:36 PM

      good to hear from you,  that "ride for pride" looks suspiciously like the polar bear run from Jan.  I might be up for the 50k but probably not the 100.

      my rides this summer have been few and far between.  took the swb to illinois and got 2 really good rides in the first week (36 and 40mi) but next week caught a bit of gout and was down for a few days and then packed it all up and came home.  Have had a few good rides here but again way too busy for my own good.  i took off a few weeks ago and ended up thinking albemarle was a good idea.  I followed the 24/27 route and it was a really pleasant ride.  wide shoulder and some great hills.  got to albemarle and the rain kept coming.  i tried to ride back but had either fogged glasses or rain keeping me from seeing.  the rain coupled with the fresh asphalt (new oil) made for a dangerous ride so i quickly gave up and called the wife for a ride.  what fun i had!!!!!

      that route would probably be a very good route for the campgrounds out there if you want to give it a go later this year.  did you make the ride to chapel hill?

      jerry

      From: Jerry Morris <froglegz57@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [mecklenbent- riders] anybody there?????
      To: mecklenbent- riders@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 9:27 PM

      Hello All,
           It has been a hot summer and I was just wondering if anyone was out there still riding?