Criticality of Pneumatic pressure test vs Hydrostatic on piping system

  • Bathula Raghuram (Mumbai - PIPING)
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2008
      FYI!

      Hereto attached the criteria for evaluating the potential dangerous of
      pneumatic test vs hydrostatic test from safety point of view.

      In this concern, we should always remember that is necessary to evaluate
      the design aspects of material selection for piping lines to be
      submitted to pneumatic test due to Process requirements: in these cases
      ASME B 31.3 require that the materials be guaranteed against their
      brittleness at the ambient temperature during pneumatic test.
      Typical cases are the plants where the ambient temperature could reach
      even minus 50^C (in particular to places like Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan or
      Chinese plants on Mongolian border).