RE: [mechanicalengr] post weld heat treatment

  • Bathula Raghuram (Mumbai - PIPING)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2007

      In my opinion welding fixtures shall be removed and the item should be free to move in all directions during PWHT,

      However Fixtures (or free supports) may be required during PWHT to avoid distortion due to buckling or bending depending on size, shape of the item,

      In simple way there should not be any restraint during PWHT. Designers must evaluate the degree of restraint for the critical structures.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007
        I think you are talking about API 661. Put the said header into the furnace but properly supported. Thats all.
        BR
        Khalid