Re: [mechanicalengr] (unknown)

  • saravanan raja
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2007
      7018-1 is an all-position low hydrogen iron powder electrode that displays exceptional impacts at low temperatures in both the as welded and stress relieved conditions. It adequately meets the AWS requirements for a minimum of 20 ft.-lbs. (27 J) at -50°F (-10°C). The smooth metal transfer keeps spatter to a minimum, and the complete slag coverage is designed for easy removal.

      7018-1 is intended for the wide variety of carbon and low alloy steels in the 50 ksi (345 MPa) minimum yield. It is an ideal choice for applications that require impact toughness at low temperatures.

      Where as 7018 is not as suitable as E 7018-1 for requirements for impact toughness at low temperatures. Ins simple words E 7018-1 is very suitable for LTCS. E 7018-1 also shows improved Tensile & Yield strength compared to E 7018.

      I think this answers your Question

      R.Saravanan
      Mechanical Inspector-QA/QC
      Linde Arabian Contractors