Pro-mac email adds ...

  • j u s t i n
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2000
      h e l l o ,

      seems like imaginemail.com is going to close down soon so there goes my
      mac-addict email add, anyone has any suggestions for a pro-mac email
      address? I can't use Apple's Mac.com since i don't have Mac OS 9, unless
      someone has got a not too complicating work around it ..

      of course, i wished there was a @... email add .. ;p

      j u s t I N

      "... so won't u lie to me, then i can't be mistaken, swear that u will lie
      to me i don't wanna hear my heart breaking, tell me the things that i wanna
      her, don't give a damm if you ain't sincere, baby just swear, swear that
      u'll lie to me ..." - BRYAN ADAMS, lie to me
    • Kevin Guo
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2000
        Hey Justin, you only need OS9 with iTools to register for your
        mac.com email account.
        So get a friend to register for you or borrow someone's OS9 Mac to do it.
        After its registered you can use yr OS8.x Mac to get and send your
        email. Just configure your email software
        with mail.mac.com as pop host and your own ISP's smtp host.
        The only thing you can't do after that with 8.x is change yr password
        and/or email forwarding.

        >h e l l o ,
        >
        > seems like imaginemail.com is going to close down soon so there goes my
        >mac-addict email add, anyone has any suggestions for a pro-mac email
        >address? I can't use Apple's Mac.com since i don't have Mac OS 9, unless
        >someone has got a not too complicating work around it ..
        >
        > of course, i wished there was a @... email add .. ;p
        >
        >j u s t I N
        >
        >"... so won't u lie to me, then i can't be mistaken, swear that u will lie
        >to me i don't wanna hear my heart breaking, tell me the things that i wanna
        >her, don't give a damm if you ain't sincere, baby just swear, swear that
        >u'll lie to me ..." - BRYAN ADAMS, lie to me
      • i.d.u.b
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2000
          I am on 8.6 but is having a mac.com address. I got the workaround in
          macintouch or macfixit, can't really remember. Its easy. I will post the
          details this weekend if no one does it.

          > From: j u s t i n <pmming@...>
          > Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 19:31:09 +0800
          > To: "ME@N" <mean@egroups.com>
          > Subject: [ME@N] Pro-mac email adds ...
          >

          > h e l l o ,
          >
          > seems like imaginemail.com is going to close down soon so there goes my
          > mac-addict email add, anyone has any suggestions for a pro-mac email
          > address? I can't use Apple's Mac.com since i don't have Mac OS 9, unless
          > someone has got a not too complicating work around it ..
          >
          > of course, i wished there was a @... email add .. ;p
          >
          > j u s t I N
          >
          > "... so won't u lie to me, then i can't be mistaken, swear that u will lie
          > to me i don't wanna hear my heart breaking, tell me the things that i wanna
          > her, don't give a damm if you ain't sincere, baby just swear, swear that
          > u'll lie to me ..." - BRYAN ADAMS, lie to me
          >

          > ME@N - bringing the Mac and Singapore together.
          > http://mean.MacSingapore.com
          >

          > To subscribe to this group, visit:
          > http://MacSingapore.com/mean/join.html

        • Gregory Chan
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2000
            more info on using iTools without OS 8.6...

            <http://www.acts.org/itoolstrick/>

            greg ^_^

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2000
              > But I forgot where is it in the net. Set by a apple fanatic, I think.

              hey i found it, its simply at http://www.iloveapple.com and my .. the
              interface looks polished not like those other web-based email services i've
              been signing up for ... might want to check it out ...

              j u s t I N

              " ... she said - while you were sleeping, i was listening to the radio and
              wondering what you're dreaming when it came to mind that i didn't care, so i
              thought - hell its over, i had better end it quick, or i could lose my
              nerve, are u listening - can you hear me, have u forgotten ..." - MATCHBOX
              TWENTY, Rest Stop
            • Wilson Ho
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2000
                I remember I ever register for a PRO-MAC email which goes like this

                wilson@...

                But I forgot where is it in the net. Set by a apple fanatic, I think.

                Wilson
              • i.d.u.b
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2000
                  Managed to retrieve the mail below. Unfortunately, it seems that the link
                  had been disabled, Apple had finally plug the hole. Anyone had an
                  alternative for justin without having to use OS9 to sign up the mac.com?

                  - . - . - . - . - . - .

                  From: "Cindy Poh" <cindypoh@...>
                  Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:12:50 +0800
                  Subject: Re: E-mail on iTools

                  Follow this link and sign up as usual.
                  Note that you would have to fake a US address because this is for US and
                  Canada residents only.

                  http://itools.mac.com/WebObjects/Signup.woa/wa/signUpOrIn

                  I am using OS 8.5 and had registered using this method. :o)
                  hope this helps.