Failing HDD

  • Darius Chan
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
      I sent my PB in to AMK yesterday noon due to suspected
      harddisk failure. I was told that I should be getting
      it back today around 2pm and that they would call me.

      I tried calling AppleCare Hotline since 9am yesterday
      to get a Case ID, but have been put on "hold" for at
      least 30 minutes at one stretch. I also tried calling
      the Hotline at Apple AMK itself, to no avail. Apple
      AMK was then willing to waive the "No Fault" fee.

      I tried calling AMK at least 10 times today after 2pm,
      but no one answered the phone. When I was finally
      connected at 4pm, I was told that my PB was not ready.
      I told them that I needed my laptop for urgent work
      and requested for them to help speed up matters. They
      called me back in 10 minutes saying that my PB was
      ready for collection before 7pm that day.

      I rushed down and collected my laptop. HDD was
      replaced with OS X.3.4 installed, no scratches on the
      Al casing. All in all I was quite happy with their
      service, besides the absurdly long wait to get through
      to AppleCare Hotline. :)

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Roy Chang
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
        hm, thanks for the update and glad that you got your machine back.

        it's interesting how you got your HD fixed and all without any payment
        nor Case ID.

        can i ask how did your describe the problem of your HD? And what HD
        did they replace with?

        Thanks!

        On Mar 01, 2005, at 19:10, Darius Chan wrote:

        > I sent my PB in to AMK yesterday noon due to suspected
        > harddisk failure. I was told that I should be getting
        > it back today around 2pm and that they would call me.
        >
        > I tried calling AppleCare Hotline since 9am yesterday
        > to get a Case ID, but have been put on "hold" for at
        > least 30 minutes at one stretch. I� also tried calling
        > the Hotline at Apple AMK itself, to no avail. Apple
        > AMK was then willing to waive the "No Fault" fee.
        >
        > I tried calling AMK at least 10 times today after 2pm,
        > but no one answered the phone. When I was finally
        > connected at 4pm, I was told that my PB was not ready.
        > I told them that I needed my laptop for urgent work
        > and requested for them to help speed up matters. They
        > called me back in 10 minutes saying that my PB was
        > ready for collection before 7pm that day.
        >
        > I rushed down and collected my laptop. HDD was
        > replaced with OS X.3.4 installed, no scratches on the
        > Al casing. All in all I was quite happy with their
        > service, besides the absurdly long wait to get through
        > to AppleCare Hotline. :)
        >

        > ����� �����
        > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        >

        > Got Mac. Get ME@N!
        > RSS Feed: http://macsingapore.com/news/index.xml
        > Directory: http://macsingapore.com/shopping/directory/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <22305_0205_016_b_300250_a.gif>
        > <l.gif>
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > �
        > �
        > Service.

      • Darius Chan
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
          Roy,

          Of course, my PB is covered under AppleCare. I
          described it as perpetual beach ball; hanging and
          extreme sluggish-ness. I was given a Hitachi 40G HDD,
          which was the same model and capacity my original PB had.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail