Practical Idealist event tonite! (Peace Corps 50th!!)

  • Joby Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2010
    Dear Peace Corps Community,

    We're looking forward to our Practical Idealist event this evening and hope you can join us!   We've got a great panel of RPCVs together to talk about Social Change Leadership in Baltimore. We'll also include a tour of our wonderful Peace Corps 50th exhibit, which features RPCV photos and artifacts from around the globe, so come for a personal tour!  We'll have a couple tables for additional Peace Corps photos and artifacts, so please bring along something to share...

    Our event is in the UMBC Library Gallery (1st Floor) and Visitor parking is in the Stadium Lot (near Hilltop and Poplar).   It's not the closest lot, but just walk straight in towards the campus center and find us in the Library.

    ~Joby

    What is going to change the world today is the same thing that has changed it in the past: an idea, and the service of dedicated individuals committed to that idea.   ~Sargent Shriver

    Practical Idealists:
    Bringing the World
    to Baltimore

    An interactive panel discussion and networking event featuring Baltimore social change leaders
    who are Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.

     November 16, 2010
    UMBC Library Gallery

    6:30 - Reception and Networking

    7:00 p.m.  - Panel Discussion and Recognitions

    Refreshments Provided

     Panelists Include:

    Richard Kimball, Assistant Professor - JHU Schools of Medicine and Nursing
    Jody Olson,Visiting Professor - University of Maryland School of Social Work  and Former Deputy Director of the Peace Corps
    Ed Orser, Professor of American Studies, UMBC
    Sally Scott, Senior Program Officer  - Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers (ABAG)
    Ashley Milburn, Director of The Culture Works Project

    We will also present our 3rd annual Practical Idealist Recognition to Shriver Peaceworker Alum, Rich Kimball
    and highlight our partnership with the Office of Baltimore City Councilman James Kraft.

    For more information call Jennifer Robinson at 410-455-6313
    For directions please visit   UMBC Map and Directions  Visitor Parking will be available in the Stadium Lot off Hilltop Circle.

    Are you an RPCV?  Share your experience by bringing a Peace Corps souvenir to share during our reception time.