Re: [mdrpcv] Possible project

  • HJ Dubin
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
      Yep. We could try and do something on this side. We love libraries. Cheers. Jesse and Gloria
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006

        Jesse,

        What is a reasonable geographic area to sort our database on to make Frederick a center of activity?   Should we look for names north of DC?  We’ll send the database out in a week or so so members can do their own sorting too.  Just needs a little more cleaning up.

        Did you notice that the website for African library project seems to be misspelled but it works!

        JoAnna

        Be sure to mark January 27th for the Winter Pot Luck.

        JoAnna

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 12, 2006
          JoAnna--here is the project info below. To be honest I have not thought about how I might participate in the library project. We are up to our snout in holiday season things. But after the New Yr I would give you some ideas. As a starter I think I would contact the Frederick Cty library and get ideas fm them. Gloria is a volunteer there and it seems like a logical place to see if there  is interest.

          Meanwhile, Happy Holidays to you and family. Jesse

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 31, 2006

            Jesse,

            I wanted to update you because of your continuing support and interest, esp. in an Africa Library project.

            We had a board planning meeting on Dec. 17 to come up with a calendar and new slate for 2007.  I’m forwarding to you the minutes.

            Only Russ and myself attended from the board but a new young leader Shane Towsend and Nancy Fitton and Hye Mi Ahn also attended.  Kerry and Betsy Bucks knew they couldn’t attend.   I later heard from two others who had “forgotten” the meeting and two I never did hear from.  However we got a lot done and I am in the process of coming up with a restructured leadership slate for the Pot Luck when everyone can comment and approve, hopefully.   We’ll also have a calendar and possibly a budget.

            I’m writing to see if you would like to carry on with the Africa Library project.  There is a person in your area, Guy Djoken who directs the Center for Peace and is a very good person for you to be in touch with.   I want to invite him and his wife who is from China to our Winter Pot Luck.  He is from Cameroun and we know him through the MD chapter of the UN association.  If you can do something just in your area, maybe we can find someone here in our Baltimore area to be inspired and pick up the ball here.   I decided we shouldn’t put anything on the calendar except projects and events with a leader who is committed to making it happen, i.e., we don’t list something and then expect that the board is going to handle and manage the project.

            Guy P. Djoken, MBA
            Executive Director

            Center for Peace
            Tel (301)-694-2063
            Cell (240)-498-3557
            Fax (301)-694-2067

            Guy lives in Hagerstown but is mostly in Frederick where the Center for Peace is.

            Thanks,

            JoAnna

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2007

                Hi Jesse, thanks.  I’ll wait too hear as you explore the possibilities.  If it does not look feasible given the time and energy required, that’s okay too.

                JoAnna