MRV Open board meeting this Thursday

  • JoAnna Allen
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2007
      Hello all MD Returned PCVs!

      Summer is generally slow for us but would you like to see MRV activities take place this fall?

      Open board meeting this Thursday, August 9th at 7 pm at
      UMBC,  Public Policy Building,  first floor meeting room of the Shriver Center.
      Google UMBC for directions.

      Come to help plan and then step up to the plate to make them happen.  We have had an annual picnic, Habitat for Humanity, an ethnic dinner and history events in past years.  If there's no one to pick up the ball, it'll be a quiet fall.

      We also have three vacancies on the board as of this meeting -- service chair, advocacy chair, presidency (I am stepping down).
      Serve for just a year and help us accomplish the Third Goal and keep RPCVs networked.

      Send me ideas, etc if you can't come, or just show up and join in.  We really need new energy and blood!

      JoAnna Allen
      departing pres
    • ramboshuford@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7, 2007
        AOL Email
        Dear Joanna,I will not be able to come to the meeting.I do have an idea:
                       Films with discussion in peoples homes or movie night at the Charles when
                       there is a particularly good movie there,perhaps discussion over  a light
                       meal after.
                                   I hope you are  having a good summer!!
                                                                  Ka kagiso(in peace)Wendy

      • ramboshuford@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 7, 2007
          Dear Joanna,I will not be able to come to the meeting
                          I do have an idea: a continuation of your idea of films and
                          discussion in someone's home or Movie night at the Charles
                          with dinner and discussion after.(or any other theater with
                          a good film.
                                      I hope you and Ken are having a good summer with
                          all your trips.
                                                Ka kagiso(In peace)Wendy

        • JoAnna Allen
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2007
            Wendy, many thanks for your input.  When I proposed something like this, (even more formal with Goucher College) at the last board meeting, I didn't get any support from the board.   As a plain old member, I'd do it on my own.
                You're so good to be so supportive.  I've had a lot of disappointments.
            Love your little dragonfly attachment.  How do you do it!?

            JoAnna

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2007
              Hello everyone:

              I'll be present thursday evening for the MRV meeting and look forward to seeing whoever makes it to UMBC.  Parking on the street should be ample and open near the Public Policy Building where the Shriver Center is located.  It seems we're at a crossroads with leadership transitions and general questions about our purposes and activities.  I have some thoughts about ongoing and new  collaborations between MRV and the Shriver Center, but my role with MRV will realistically be mostly limited to those specific activities.  I'm interested in the broader conversation and will look forward to seeing where it takes us...

              And I just want to give a public word of appreciation to JoAnna Allen.  Congratulations JoAnna on your recent retirement!  And thank you for your many years of thoughtful service to this group!!!  I cant wait to hear stories of your travels and projects.  You're a model life-long learner...and I hope you enjoy the heck out of this next stage of your life adventure!

              See you tomorrow...

              Joby Taylor

            • JoAnna Allen
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 8, 2007
                Thank you to Joby for such kind words.

                Another update:  our treasurer Michael Louie has just won an elected position as web director of the Washington DC group so the treasurer position is now vacant for MRV.  There's lots of room for continuation of service by all of you RPCVs!.

                If you have any interest in keeping MRV rolling, do come on Thursday for our open board meeting.  We're wide open for new ideas and leaders.

                See you all tomorrow,
                JoAnna

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 2007
                  Hi,Joanna,I sent TWO replies for you to the whole group by mistake,only realizing it when the email came back to me.
                                 Re the attachments of the butterfly and dragonfly,I have a new computer and there were some icons at the top of the aol.When I clicked on them one was full of things you can insert into the email and the other was backgrounds of all sorts.
                                      Hopefully the meeting tomorrow night will have more hands up for things.I thought you had already stepped down.
                                                       Are you inside or outside the city limits?I am very concerned about the Mayoral race and am campaigning for Michael Sarbanes.
                                                      Hope to see you in the fall at a concert or two.Wendy

                • Kathie McCleskey
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8, 2007
                    I second Joby's words. Have a good meeting on Thursday. I will not be able to attend Thursday's meeting as I will be out in Seattle. Best regards,

                    Kathie McCleskey

[...]

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.