    From: Heather Keating <heather@...>
    Subject: Returning Peace Corp Discount for South African Dance & House Dance Show
    Date: January 7, 2014 4:11:34 PM EST

    Hi,

    We have a great show this Friday night that we would love to offer any Returning Peace Corp Vets a discount to attend. It will be an incredible & vibrant performance of a wide range of street dance from South Africa and America.

    Junious “House” Brickhouse formed Urban Artistry to teach the fresh, innovative dance forms that grew with house music. Since its origin in the underground dance scene of the late 1970′s, house dance has evolved into one of the largest dance forms in the world and tonight some of its most creative practitioners are on our floor.

    South African dancer and choreographer Lesole Maine is at the forefront of Metro DC’s burgeoning African immigrant music and dance community. His dynamic company brings percussive and other dances rooted in the streets and mines of South Africa. Lesole’s South African gum boot dance brought down the house at a recent Maryland Traditions Folklife Festival.

    Feel free to spread the word and offer the discount to your group and any friends that might be interested. You can call to reserve tickets over the phone or get them at the door - just mention the Returning Peace Corp discount. I've attached a flyer you can send around.

    Hope you are having a great start to the New Year!
    Heather
      Junious “House” Brickhouse formed Urban Artistry to teach the fresh, innovative dance forms that grew with house music. Since its origin in the underground dance scene of the late 1970′s, house dance has evolved into one of the largest dance forms in the world and tonight some of its most creative practitioners are on our floor. South African dancer and choreographer Lesole Maine is at the forefront of Metro DC’s burgeoning African immigrant music and dance community. His dynamic company brings percussive and other dances rooted in the streets and mines of South Africa. Lesole’s South African gum boot dance brought down the house at a recent Maryland Traditions Folklife Festival - See more at: http://www.creativealliance.org/events/2014/urban-artistry-lesole-south-african-dance-troupe#sthash.pdqeVZE2.dpuf

    ---
    Heather Keating

    Creative Alliance at The Patterson
    Marketing & Communications Manager