461Re: [mdrpcv] Fwd: Update on RPCV Group Sign-on Letter to President

  • Chris Seremet
    Nov 15, 2012
      Sure, I second this....assuming i have the authority to do so, Commander.

      From: Joby Taylor <jtaylo14@...>
      To: mdrpcv@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:34 PM
      Subject: [mdrpcv] Fwd: Update on RPCV Group Sign-on Letter to President

      Hi Maryland RPCVs!

      I recommend/motion that our group sign on to this NPCA letter to President Obama encouraging him to support strong funding for the Peace Corps next year and providing him with thoughtful RPCV input as he considers candidates for appointment as the next Peace Corps Director.

      Anyone Second the Motion?  (see the link above for the letter and Jonathan Pearson's note below for more information)

      Best,
      Joby Taylor (RPCV Gabon)
      Begin forwarded message:
      From: The National Peace Corps Association Social Network <mail@...>
      Date: November 15, 2012 8:23:40 AM EST
      Subject: Update on RPCV Group Sign-on Letter to President: Group Leaders Forum

      A message from Jonathan Pearson - NPCA Advocacy Coordinator to all members of Group Leaders Forum on The National Peace Corps Association Social Network! Good Morning Group Leaders! I wanted to give you this update on the RPCV Group sign on letter to President Obama concerning his Fiscal Year 2014 Peace Corps funding request and his nomination of the next Peace Corps Director (If you haven't seen the letter, email me at jonathan@...).  A reminder the deadline to sign the letter is December 2nd. So far, we have heard from 17 groups (see list at end of this message).  Help us reach our goal of 100! In response to a couple of questions we have heard: 1) DOES OUR GROUP SEND A LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT?  No, the idea around this action is to have a single letter, demonstrating the collective strength and nationwide scope of the Peace Corps community.  Send the needed information to us at jonathan@... and we will add your group to the letter. 2) WHAT DO WE NEED TO SEND?  We are asking for one representative of the group to "sign" the letter on behalf of the group.  What we need from that person is the following (sent to jonathan@...): Name of Your RPCV Group Name of the Group Leader Signing on Behalf of the Group Title of the Group Leader Signing on Behalf of the Group City/state Where the Group is Based (NOTE: For Country of Service Groups, you can send the city/state of the leader signing on behalf of the group). SIGNED UP SO FAR: Please review the list below to make sure we have you counted.  Here is our list of groups currently signed onto the letter to the President.  Our thanks to these groups for your leadership and prompt response! Friends of Benin Amigos de Bolivia y Peru Friends of the Dem. Republic of Congo (pending) Friends of the Dominican Republic Peace Corps Iran Association Friends of Korea Friends of Nigeria Friends of Thailand Heart of Texas Peace Corps Assn. (pending) Idaho RPCVs Inland Northwest Peace Corps Association Minnesota RPCVs Southeast Michigan RPCVs (pending) St. Louis Peace Corps Assn. Tennessee RPCVs RPCVs of Ventura County Health Justice for Peace Corps Volunteers Thanks everyone! Jonathan Pearson NPCA Advocacy Director Visit Group Leaders Forum at: http://community.peacecorpsconnect.org/groups/group/show?id=2683076%3AGroup%3A21588&xg_source=msg_mes_group -- To control which emails you receive on The National Peace Corps Association Social Network, go to: http://community.peacecorpsconnect.org/profiles/profile/emailSettings?xg_source=msg_mes_group

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic