458Peace Corps Calendar Sales

  • Adam Palmer
    Sep 7, 2012
      Maryland RPCV's,

      Would anyone like to volunteer to take charge of selling the Peace Corps Calendars for our Maryland group? I have taken on this responsibility for the past 3 years, but now I'm finding myself short on time and committed to other activities. Our group buys the calendars in bulk and then we sell them in order to raise money for group activities or to support Peace Corps Partnership projects. I can make the purchase from the RPCV Wisconsin group, but I would need someone else to handle the calendar sales. "So, what's involved", you might ask. You would need to send out e-mails to the group announcing the calendar sales and potentially organize a lunch, dinner, or happy hour where people could stop in and buy the calendars. You would also need to be able to mail calendars when people wish to purchase them through the mail. The RPCV Wisconsin group has a website for calendar sales where we can put a Maryland contact and this seems to generate a lot more calendar orders for our group. When my e-mail was listed as the contact, I had people from Washington, DC and even out of the country e-mail me about ordering calendars. It's simply a great way for us to raise money for our group and we all love the RPCV International Calendar. Please let me know if you're interested in leading this and I can share more details with you.

      Thanks,

      Adam Palmer
      RPCV Tonga